Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Arriving in San Luis

The bus parked at the station and I looked out and saw Normita and Gabriel waiting for me! So we headed home and saw the girls, and it felt like Christmas when they went through the suitcase to see what their grandparents had bought them. I went and showered really quick and got ready for church. It was a stake conference in Pringles downtown. I went and sat down next to Juanita (Gabriel´s sister) and I watched all of these families I love walk in and sit down. The Diaz, Serra, Velazquez, Casari, Alvarez and then walked in Natalia with Yesica and Jeremy. Walter and Juli were sick. She walked in late so I sat there the whole meeting making faces at Jeremy who I only knew from pictures. And after a great Stake Conference I went up to Natalia and looked her right in the eyes and she slowly realized who I was and we just hugged and cryed (a little). Then I got to say hello to so many people that I loved, and I was seriously on cloud 9. I went home and hung out with the Navarro´s. We had some pizza and talked to their relatives in Riverton. I called home real quick to let my parents know that I was alive. We went to La Punta and saw a horse race and also went to Potrero de los Funes...which is a place I never was able to go during the mission. So beautiful, I took a lot of pictures. Also they built a race track for cars out there which I thought was kind of cool. I laughed so hard, Flopi, their youngest daughter is 5 and well, she talks like a 5 year old, she doesn´t pronounce some words correctly. She kept saying pierdas instead of piedras and cuclicula instead of pelicula. Oh, on the way there we drove through Eva Peron, where the psych hospital used to be there is a beautiful park and they have paved most of the roads over there and it looks so nice! Anyways, I came home and the Arenas family came over and took me to their house. It was like I had just been with them yesterday. Something that impresses me so much with them is how much love they have for each other. They´ve got 3 great kids, and they laugh together and enjoy each other´s company. We talked, and they showed me lot´s of pictures of their sealing and I got to play with Jeremy and Juli. Walter is the EQ president and Natalia works in the primary and they are doing so so so well. We made empanadas, of course Jeremy licked all of them while they were sitting on the table waiting to be cooked, he´s such a little boy. Juli talked my ear off and had to be sitting in my lap the entire time (which is funny because I remember her as a sick little baby really). I noticed that Yesica is much more calm now, and very obedient and helpful, she loved telling me about her baptism, and I told her that I am so pround of her and what a good big sister and example she is. I swear we must have eaten dinner at 10 at night, the meal schedule here is very different.

Anyways, Monday was feriado...of course. And I slept in until 1, ha ha ha. I love hanging with the Navarro´s. Same thing as the Arenas. They just love doing things together and get along really well. The little girls don´t leave my side. So I pretty much held flopi´s hand the entire time at El Volcan. El Volcan is a place where I always went on my p´days and it brought back so many memories, oh my goodness. We ran around and took pictures and then went into the building (if you´ve been there you know what I´m talking about) that´s kind of like the lounge area. And who should we find but Mauri and Milena Lucero and some of the other JAS. We played uno and drank mate and it was wonderful!!! We came back after awhile and had cake for Gabriel´s birthday with all the family and snacks and just hung out. So fun. That get´s me caught up to today. The girls headed off to school today, I´m gonna do some laundry and run around and find some people in the Barrios Nuevos. CariƱos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment