Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So I think I left off when I got to the bus terminal in San Luis and took a bus to San Martin. I was nervous to be travelling alone and I was running late so the Lombino's in San Martin weren't expecting me. Well, they knew I was coming on Saturday, but they didn't know what time. So when I got to the terminal in SM and got my bags and stuff, I tried to call them from a telefonica but it wasn't open, so I walked to their house, and believe it or not, I remembered exactly how to get there! I knocked on the door and Ornella answered. It's so funny, I haven't seen some of these people in 3 and a half years but even though the kids are bigger, it feels exactly the same. You know you are good friends with people when you can pick up exactly where you left off. My week with the Lombino's was good, plus it was good to see some of the members, that ward is still struggling so much but what makes me happy is how many active young men there are in the ward, and they are the only one's in their family who attend. I have so many good examples of what it means to be faithful in San Martin. Rebeca, the oldest Lombino girl is just awesome, I love her so much and she and I had a blast hanging out with Natacha...hopefully the pictures on facebook speak for themselves and I've got some videos I need to put up as well. The crummy thing is that I'm terribly sick and have been so for about a week now, plus today I realized I got lice from some of the kids in San Luis (the first place I went). So this past Saturday (a few days ago) I travelled to Lujan, and again, it was great to be reunited with my friend Elsa. I got off the bus and walked directly to her house like I was running around in Lujan yesterday. Actually today we were walking around and it seriously felt like yesterday. There have been a ton of changes her in Lujan with the ward and the branch that I'm not going to write about because I don't think anyone reading this will care, but let's just say I am very excited for the members here and think the changes are great. Also, the sisters who are serving in Lujan right now are great, and I'm hoping to accompany them later in the week. Everyday I think to myself, if I could, I would move here tomorrow!!!! Also, I have been eating tons of great food, and the best, yesterday I went to my favorite heladeria and bought a kilo of what I always used to buy: 1. mascarpone con frutos del bosque 2. tramontana 3. chocolate michel and 4. dulce de leche con nuez. I am in heaven!!!

Well, I am trying to take care of myself so that I can get well soon and have more energy, also tomorrow Silvana is going to dye my hair to hopefully get rid of the lice, they have been driving me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment