Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A few things I left out...

There have been elections going on now in Argentina for congress reps and such and the campaigns have been hilarious. Voting in Argentina is mandatory so church was shorter this Sunday because it was voting day. I have some videos of the campaign songs because they crack me up, but through it all I was able to learn a little more how the Argentine government is set up. All I will say is that the president has way to much power.

Another Argentine craze right now is operacion triunfo...Argentina's version of American Idol. And it's pretty dang cool. There are 6 finalists and the final episode is the 12th. 2 of the 6 finalists are from Mendoza, and Cristian, my favorite is from Palmira (town next to San Martin).

I was able to go to institute on Friday with Rebe and Natacha and it was super awesome, if institute were always like that...

I was also able to see part of Mendoza's Parque San Martin, which is like the central park of Argentina (excluding what you might find in Buenos Aires). I barely saw even a sliver of the park, it's HUGE. You need a car to see everything better. Someday I will come back...

No comments:

Post a Comment