Thursday, June 18, 2009

This is seriously a dream

I have dreamed so many nights about seeing these people again, it´s just crazy, I seriously don´t know if I believed I would ever actually be here again. I should start pinching myself to make sure that this is real. Every single place I go I see a million things that bring back all of these memories.

So Tuesday I hopped on the R bus up Martin de Loyola and got off to cross the ruta and enter the barrios nuevos. Of course I had to do this during the day, no way I would do this at night...which is funny to say because I used to live there. So, the barrios nuevos are different. The houses are the same but it´s a lot cleaner and all of the roads where the colectivos pass are paved now, it´s so strange. So, I got a little bit lost, but all in all I think I did pretty well finding veronica´s house. Joana was home and Veronica had gone to comprar for lunch. So I went in and sat at the table and when she came in with her new 7 month old baby it took a second to register. Seriously, it felt so normal to be there. Then the kids started coming home from school, and I went and hid in the kids room when they went to go put their backpacks away I surprised them. They are just as snuggly as ever, just a little bit bigger. Rodrigo to me is the most different...he´s 15 now, that´s so crazy. Axel and Guiliana wanted to play the flour game again. Samuel was very kind and so sweet with the new baby Samiel. I´m kind of tempted to send the Hermanas over there again. I didn´t want to leave, they are such a great family. Plus Veronica makes the best milanesa ever!!!! Oh yeah, I ate escaveche de something, they explained that it was like a rabbit but different...whatever it was it was good. I always ate weird stuff at that house, cow tongue, cow brain.

Okay so yesterday I went with Norma to a TV station where she does a weekly appearance on the tv show of her friend. It´s called revista de mujer. It´s kind of like a morning talk show or something. It´s just a local thing, like being on BYU television but a little bit bigger. Well, I´m sitting there in the studio and she (the friend) starts asking me exactly where I´m from and how to say my name. I thought she was going to have me go on the show for a minute, but thankfully she didn´t. I would have been nervous. But she did mention me on the show that a norteamericana was on the set...ha ha ha. We went to the plaza pringles afterwards and picked up alyson from school. They turned 2 or 3 blocks of Rivadavia into a peatonal, which is really cool.

Then that night the Serra´s picked me up and I had dinner with them. It was funny, they kept saying, "how nice, you don´t have to be home at 10 tonight". I stayed over there until 1 thirty in the morning!!! We talked about Agus and her cystic fibrosis, which she is doing really well and actually seems more healthy to me now that they are doing treatments. Of course Claudio had to talk to me about el matrimonio...which I totally expected. I remember him telling me to hurry up and get married as soon as I got home from the mission. Silly Presidente Serra. Martina is just as funny as ever, now she wants to be Chayanne´s back up dancer instead of Robbie William´s. Marcela is still teaching at the school in Eva Peron. The coolest thing ever is that we had GRIDO for dessert!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment